Search This Blog

Welcome to Lady Churchill

Hi, welcome to Lady Churchill's blog. I love to follow blogs and get ideas, recipes, and inspiration. I love to decorate cakes and enjoy weddings, parties and events. I am a huge fan of beautifully decorated cakes and cake art. I also like decorating cookies and fancy treats. I hope you enjoy following me while i continue on my journey to decorate cakes, cookies, and anything sweet!

Monday, November 22, 2010

Bonnie Gordon classes DC3
















DC3 was the advanced decorating class. It was a 4 day class in which we were given an "assignment" to do a wedding cake for a couple (not real) and come up with a design. It was an independent project. We had a great instructor Isabella who is an amazing cake decorator. I was given a "harvest" wedding theme. The couple was Canadian and were getting married at a farm and they lived in a cottage on the weekends. Isabella was so instrumental in helping to show me how to marbelize the fondant/gumpaste and paint/color the fruits etc.. which i used on my cake. It is amazing how all the skills we used in the previous classes enabled us to make such amazing cakes. (cakes were actually styrofoam for class purposes) We had great people in our class Renata came all the way from Brazil; Sharon from D.C.; Sean and Carm from Toronto. Great people, fun class!







No comments:

Post a Comment